Sunday, August 26, 2007

Lisa Bearnson!!

Ok, so John and I have been scheduled to go to Tulsa for months so John could get some continuing education hours. It's only for one night and we could go by Fayetteville and see Lauren on the way to and on the way home. I would have all day Friday from 9 till 4 in the afternoon to entertain myself and we would leave when John finishes. So I print off directions to several malls thinking no problem. Well, we are leaving Thursday afternoon and that morning I get a post card in the mail listing the Creating Keepsakes Conventions for the rest of the year. I am half way glancing over it and.........WHAT??? TULSA THIS WEEKEND!! Well, needless to say I went. It was really fun. All the major companies had booths set up and make & takes. It was fun to just walk around and watch all the excited ladies. I hadn't signed up for any classes, but the examples were all setting out and some of them looked pretty cool. Well about 3:00, an announcer says that Lisa Bearnson will be here in a few minutes if you want to meet her. What? How exciting! I was third in line and I had her sign my big K & Company bag. I had taken John's little camera in case I wanted to take a picture of the event to scrap. She was so nice and very warm and took her time with each lady. She is probably the first individual person I identified with scrapbooking because of her magazine. I admire her story and the way she raises her family. The next day Stacy Julian and several others were going to be there. I saw several groups of ladies together with matching shirts taking classes, laughing and shopping. Hummmm, maybe a group of us need to go next year??? Any Takers??

3 comments:

Anne-Camille Collins said...

You lucky ducky!!! :) How exciting! I'm so IN for next year... that would be so fun to get a group together!!!!!!! We need to plan something!!!

Unknown said...

OFCOURSE! Ummmmmmm do I really need to even think about a scrapbook trip in a cool city with shopping and eating! That is so great that you got to go! How neat and what a cool thing, you are meeting icons all over!!!!!
I would love to!
Denise

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! That is awesome you lucky lady!!!! Looks and sounds like you had a lot of fun!!!