Saturday, August 4, 2007

Baxter's Surgery

My poor little Baxter had surger on Friday. He is 12 years old and his back leg kept slipping out from under him and he kept falling down. So I took him to Dr. Helvey and he said the cartilage on his knee keeps slipping off the knee cap and he looses control of the leg and falls. So he had to operate and carve out a bigger groove on his bone so it would hold the cartilage in place. Needless to say I am being a nurse this weekend to my sweet Baxter. They shaved his leg and he has this long line of stitches so I am just holding and loving on him this weekend. He only weighs 4 1/2 pounds so I have just been carrying him around or he is sitting in my lap. He goes back on Tuesday for a check and I am going to have to start a little physical therapy on him like stretching his leg out etc. I wish animals lived longer. He is like a member of our family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cathy,
Baxter looks like a sweetheart! He is in good hands, I can't think of a more loving person to care for him! Hope he is beter soon.
Denise

Anonymous said...

He is soooo sweet Cathy! I'm sure that he is completely being spoiled! Hope he is up and walking around soon! See you soon!