Friday, August 17, 2007

End of Summer

Seth and I were home one afternoon this week and he started yelling, "Come quick Mom and look at this"! This precious little baby deer was just walking around in our front yard. Now remember we live in the middle of Indian Creek in the center of town. We started watching it from window to window. It was just eating some of the plants and calmly looking around. Several cars drove by the house and the deer didn't even notice. Eventually it just walked into the woods behind my house. I took this picture off the back deck.

I guess summer is almost over. We took Lauren back to school on Saturday and got her room all fixed up. She has a very nice room in the Tri-Delta house. She was sad and we were sad but no one cried this year. She is coming home for Labor Day and she has called me at least 4 times a day since she left. It is work week for the sorority this week for rush so they have been working from 8am until 11 every night. She is pooped! I think she is ready for classes to start on Monday so work week will be over. I miss her already and am counting the days until Christmas when I get her for a whole month! Yeah! Seth starts High School on Monday. I can't believe that. He is fully engrossed in the HS golf season. He shot a 74 yesterday in a tournament and was the low scorer for the team. We are very proud of him. He truly loves golf. I just hope he remembers as of Monday he has classes too! hahaha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG.

Unknown said...

Your kids are so talented! Love the deer just hanging out in your yard, yes very strange and something you do not expect to see! Do ya think he ate your sunflowers too???
Glad Lauren got off okay and so glad yall get to spend Labor Day together, makes it a little easier to say okay see ya in a couple of weeks instead of bye! Hope you have a great time at Creative Escape! OMG big news about Heidi, I had no idea!
Denise