Monday, September 3, 2007

We Caught A Critter




Well, we finally got a "Have a Heart Trap", (they were sold out for a long time). We knew something was eating my gerber daisy's, but recently we had some huge holes in our flower beds. I mean digging up plants and landscape light wires!! We also had our baby deer visitor so we weren't really sure which one was the culprit. The first night we put out the trap we caught this possum. We used cat food and bacon to bait the trap. It was cute but really mad. It showed it's teeth several times!! John and Seth and some of Seth's friends took it and let it out at Denise Lauerman's new house. hahaha not really Denise!! Got ya! They took it to a lake and let it go. I really felt sorry for it. The problem is..... that since then MORE daisy's have disappeared!!! We are putting it on the back deck now in hopes of catching the flower thief.


This is a fun exciting week for me!!! I leave for Creative Escape on Wednesday!! We are soo excited. They divided all the girls into flower groups and we are in the Magnolia group. I have packed up all my supplies and am ready to go. We got a list of all the women going and I noticed that Stacy Julian and Becky Higgins will be attending!! How exciting! They aren't in my group, but maybe I can get a picture with them. I can't wait to show everyone the pictures when I get back. Have a good week everyone!!

2 comments:

Anne-Camille Collins said...

You know Denise is going to FREAK OUT when she reads that part?!!!! That is TOO funny! You are hilarious!

I hope you have a BLAST at CE. I know you will! How exciting for you! I met BH at CHA and she is super-duper nice. Can't wait to see pics of your experience!

Unknown said...

you're too funny! I was getting ready to go over and check the yard in my night gown but I kept reading and saw that you were messing with me! Paybacks my sweet friend!
So glad you caught the culprit, he showed you his teeth, huh???? Did Dr. Sullivant recommend a cleaning????????? So proud that you waited until the "have a heart trap" came in, that is so admirable. I hope the boys did not see the black bear lurking around in our back yard, I think he lives out back by the pond somehwere, he has been spotted by some workmen! Good luck catching the "no love for the daisy's critter"....So excited for you to go to CE! Please take lots of pics and share!!!! Magnolia group awwwwwwwww that is only the most beautiful tree ever!!!! I once had a cake made that was a magnolia cake and it was beautiful! Have a great time and be safe! Happy Scrappin'!