Tuesday, September 18, 2007

CREATIVE ESCAPE























I had such a wonderful time at Creative Escape!!!! My cousin Ann and I flew out of Memphis on Wednesday to Phoenix to attend Creative Escape. I cannot possibly tell you in one post all of the wonderful things I want to say. I will try and do my best but honestly it was AWESOME!! We were all divided into flower groups and Ann and I were Magnolias. We attended our classes in our groups and each group had 2 helpers. On thursday we had registration and met Heidi and Mr. Bazzill and then went to the "technique boutique". A card came with our name tag in a cute pink "Creative Escape" bag for about 15 stations that we needed to get checked off. At each station we learned techniques we would need to know in our classes for the next 2 days. We also got a TON of free stuff. Each station had a give away from adhesives, to a $40.00 cutting tool, acrylic stamps, a digital CE layout printed on 12x12 cardstock, free kits for mini books, etc. It was really cool. After that the teachers had a "truck show" where they set up big tables with examples of all of their work, and we could visit with each of them and take pictures. After this we went to the on site store!!!! Well, all I am going to say is that we each had a basket full. Ok no more details just in case John reads this blog.


All of the meals were included, so on the first day we got up early and ate a great breakfast and went to our first class. It was taught by Jennifer Wagner and we made a very cute little scrapbook purse. The unique thing about this event is that everyone attends every class. There is no signing up for classes. We all did each class. As you walk in the door they hand you these huge bags of supplies for that class. We did have to bring basic tools and adhesives. Each class lasted an hour and forty five minutes and it FLEW by! The CE people and the Bazille people had extras of everything in case you messed up and they absolutely made sure everyone was happy and had everything they needed. Each classroom had drinks and water. Every need was met.
The second class we went to was Heidi Swapp's class. We used Tim Holtz ink and masks to distress 2 canvas boards to make a message board. This was a relaxing class and we had alot of fun with Heidi. She is so genuine and generous. At the technique boutique she gave us a wonderful kit to make a banner that said "Escape" with all the supplies to make it included.
We had a break after Heidi's class and our last class of the day was with Chris Randall and yes we learned to solder. We bought our own kit and we really had fun and it wasn't that hard at all. At first we soldered around a chip of china. Then we moved on to a necklace. I'll do this again. I would have never tried this if I hadn't gone to CE. That night after our welcome meeting with everyone, we went back to our room and there were chocolates and a CE eye mask for us in our room. (How fun!) Ann posed in hers for me. I also bought us some matching scrap girl PJ's for our trip and it was quite funny to see me set the timer on the camera and put it on the dresser and hop on the bed and pose in 10 seconds! Ok that's all for today. Sorry it is so long but I wanted everyone to see all the pictures. Tomorrow I will finish up the last day of CE on my blog with more pictures.


3 comments:

Anne-Camille Collins said...

Omigosh!!!!!!!!!! You lucky ducky! How fun that must have been! Thanks for sharing all the details... I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Is all I can say! What a cool thing to attend. How cute are yall in your pj's and love the eye mask pic! So cute and I bet yall will have such great memories forever. I will be anxiously awaiting your next post!
Denise

Anonymous said...

Wow !!! I wish I could have went!!!