Sunday, August 31, 2008

25th Surprise Party






































Well first, I just hate surprises! I am sorta, kinda, a control freak! Ok, fine I said it! Anyway, my sweet husband planned a surprise party along with Lauren for our 25th anniversary. He wanted me to have an event to scrap! How sweet is that! The only problem is......I am very observant. We had planned to go out to dinner that night and then Ryan, Lauren's boyfriend got kinda dressed up for "just out to dinner". Then John comes and says, (with this funny mouth thing that he only does when he is trying to fool me), "I think I am going to go on out to Big Creek early to talk to Eddie about some golf club". THE LIGHT BULB WENT OFF IN MY HEAD!!!! Something was up!! So I started trying to get SOMEONE to tell me, and they all started having that funny mouth thing!! So I knew there was some sort of surprise. Now remember I hate surprises and being the center of attention!!!! I had envisioned 1000 people at Big Creek waiting to scream "Happy Anniversary" at me and all staring at me!!! Waiting for me to deliver some fabulous emotional speech!! Oh my gosh! Panic! Soooo they got me in the car and we got to Big Creek and they all got out of the car and I refused!!!! No I wanted to go somewhere else. Really I do! Finally I agreed and I got to the door and Michele and Traci were there and told me it was just a few really good friends. Well guess what! I had a really good time visiting with everyone. Lauren and John had gone to alot of trouble and got a cute cake with a picture of me and John at a Delta Zeta function at college. Lauren ordered these beautiful flowers and Ryan brought us some darling petit fours from Rick's Bakery decorated with our wedding date, a ring, and our initials. They also had photos of John and I through the years on the table. It was a nice night and I think I might grow to like surprises if they all turn out like this.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

awwww! Happy 25th anniversary! What a great hubby and children you have! They are also very blessed to have YOU! what a cake, wish I could see that picture a little closer!