Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Reason for the Season




Every year we struggle with Chritmas decorations. We love the lights and we wanted to do something that represented what Christmas was really about. John wanted something that he could set up every year that was easy to store. So I came up with the idea to do a big nativity scene that we could use year after year. Sooooo what to do? John bought one off of ebay!! Yes I said ebay! We set it up in the yard and John built the manger around it. It will all fold flat for easy storage. He really did a great job and we used the hay from Halloween and spread it around inside the manger. We love it and we're proud to show the reason for the season.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!I am so glad to hear you say that! My Mom gave me a beautiful nativity set and it is ofcourse in storage so we don't have one up........I will come enjoy yours!!!!!I am so glad you are my friend too! You are right we do need to see eachother more often! You are such a beautiful person!!!! I love being around you!
Denise

Anonymous said...

I love the Nativity set up Cathy! It looks great! This weekend we are taking the kids out to look at the area decorations and lights, so we'll have to drive by your house! Very beautiful! Have a Merry Chrsitmas!

Brandi Pinn

Anne-Camille Collins said...

So great!!!