Saturday, February 23, 2008

Donna Downey Kit









I ordered this kit from Donna Downey. (www.donnadowney.typepad.com) I thought it was so cute and it was scrapbooking and sewing all together! How fun and challenging for me at the same time. This is the finished projct. It took me about a day to finish it. It used these vintage thread spools to make the canvas stand and they just slide into these little pockets that you make. I also stamped using some Tim Holtz ink and some paint. She also included some beads and templates for the hearts and the scrolls. Everything was included in the kit except for the stamps and the ink and paint. Also included was this June Tailor photo transfer paper. This stuff is cool!! You put all the pictures onto a page in your computer and size them and include words and sayings in different fonts that you want to use on the project and then print it onto the photo transfer paper using your regular printer. Simply cut them out and iron onto your canvas. You can't really see it from the photos but I stitched around each picture and the hearts. I bought another kit from her site and I think I will start working on that next. She is really creative and funny and uses alot of mixed media things in her projects. I'll post pictures of that as soon as I finish it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Girl - LOVE IT!!!! You are so creative!!!!

Unknown said...

Cathy, You little creative genius you! I don't know if I could do that many things on one page! That is great! Good of you to "stretch"! Miss seeing you!