Monday, October 29, 2007

My Studio






A couple of years ago we turned a guest bedroom into my studio. I told John all I want for my birthday, anniversary, and Christmas is to have a studio. Our guest bedroom is only used about 2 times a year so I had over taken it with scrapbook supplies. My parents live in Mountain Home and so some of our out of town guests usually stay with them. We pulled the carpet up and had some laminate wood floors put down. My good friend Lori Kauffman from Cabinets and Interior Design helped me design some cabinets with a Murphy Bed just in case we needed an extra bed for company. Lori did all my cabinets for me when we moved in and her and her husband Bob (Anderson Construction) built our Dental office. My studio is like my sanctuary. I love it and I love being in there. It just relaxes me to go upstairs and sit in there. I got the 2 metal rolling carts from Sam's and they are perfect and really cheap. My table is an old table I got at Rusticities so I wouldn't feel bad messing it up. I got the sewing machine about 5 years ago for Christmas and I think John thought I would make all my clothes. hahahaha NOT! I dabbled in quilting for a bit before I became addicted to scrapbooking. Now I use it with my scrapbooking. Anyway, I am very blessed to have found something I am passionate about. I feel like I am recording my families history for generations to come and that is the real reason I do it. I made my first scrapbook in High School and I still have it. I hope my kids can look back and remember the good times we had and share their history with their children. When I was 9 we lived in Gulfport, Mississippi and a terrble hurricane named Camille hit our area. We were without electricity for a week and had a couple of trees hit out roof, but we were all alive. My grandparents lived on a creek and they got about 8 feet of water in their house. The water ruined all of their belongings but what I remember most is how all the pictures of my Dad's family were gone. Wet! We have very few left and most of them have water damage. I think it all started there. The desire to preserve the history with pictures.

I have been tagged by one of my cyber buddies, Colleen at http://cestmoi.typepad.com/, from my Heidi Swapp class to tell you 7 facts about myself (some random, some weird). So here goes:
1. I am a home body.
2. I was born in Gulfport, Mississippi.
3. I would love to be a computer nerd.
4. I sang my first solo in 6th grade and have sung solos at weddings and at church.
5. I am determined to learn more about photoshop elements!!!
6. Next year I will be married for 25 years on August 13th.
7. I treat my animals like they are members of my family.

Here are the rules which must be posted on your blog if you're tagged:
1. Link to your tagger and post rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

Now, here's who I'm tagging:

1.Denise: http://deniselauerman.blogspot.com/ She is such a sweetie and is moving to my neighborhood soon and is a greatscrapbooker.
2.Anne Camille: http://annecamille.blogspot.com/ Is a very talented scrapbooker who has some really neat original ideas.
3.Brandi: http://scrapbookaddiction.typepad.com/ Brandi owns our local "WONDERFUL" scrapbooking store. We love her!
4.Jennifer: http://jclarestudios.typepad.com/ She is a great photographer!! Just look at her work!
5.Amy: http://amywelch3.typepad.com/ She inspires me with how she used the Hambly products!

Ok so tag your it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, love the background on "how you started". You inspire me!!!!Yes I cannot wait to move in your neighborhood and it should not be too much longer. They are finishing our steps, installing satelite and touch up painting and then TL is ready to pull up the rosin paper and move her in!!!! I will bring the boys by for their toothbrushes for sure!!! Love how yall do that every year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy - LOVE your sb room (suite, store)...lol. Just lovely. I was married in
84 (one year behind you) on 8/31. Thanks for playing along on the blog game. xo Colleen