Sunday, July 15, 2007

I'm going to get that critter!!

Ok I have had it!! I have beautiful Gerber Daisy's on my back deck railing. I have planters placed on the deck that you can see out of our master bedroom windows and all summer they have been just beautiful. I make sure they are watered and I pick the dead flower heads off. Well.......about a month ago some CRITTER during the night came and bit the flowers off and just left them laying on the ground. I thought to myself it probably won't happen again so I didn't take any action and it was probably just a critter traveling through the neighborhood. Well......... it has happened 3 more times. Just when the flowers start to grow back "Off with their heads!" Evidently, the thief has taken up residence in our yard. This calls for some action. I don't want to harm the animal. I just want it gone. We are off to buy an animal trap and see if we can catch it and then take it to the woods and release it. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is not right, atleast they could not waste, ya know??????? Yes your hubby was telling me about that when I took Hunter in for a check up and I mentioned your lovely sunflower! Do you think it is the wandering neighborhood deer?????

Good Luck! Go get that tresspasser!!

Anonymous said...

my gerber daisys look exactly like yours- headless. I came home and found the pretty pink flowers laying abou tthe ground beside the pot. Did you find out who or what the culprit is?